Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I complete let off of the throttle and the engine decelerates to below 1k, probably around 9-800 rpm, it gets really choppy. It doesn't feel any different but it's audibly not right. At idle and while accelerating it's fine, no stutter or anything. It seems to me like it could be a possible computer issue? (It's an E4OD truck). It's done this since I've got the truck so I don't attribute it to any of the modifications I've done, but it's become more noticeable.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My best guess is that its the injectors waking back up after being off while engine braking. If that's the case its noting to worry about.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
BPS, barometric pressure sensor.

Located under the steering wheel.

This can be checked with a scanner with key on, engine off. Check to see if it is ready atmospheric pressure of around 14.7 psi.

Mine would nearly die when decelerating and would chug along until I stopped. BPS can also be the source of harsh shifts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BPS, barometric pressure sensor.

Located under the steering wheel.

This can be checked with a scanner with key on, engine off. Check to see if it is ready atmospheric pressure of around 14.7 psi.

Mine would nearly die when decelerating and would chug along until I stopped. BPS can also be the source of harsh shifts.
I'll definitely check that, thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts