Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Yall,
I have an interesting problem that may or may not be tied to my new (1 month old) alarm/keyless/remote start system. Until last night, the keyless would lock all 4 doors when armed, and unlock all 4 doors when unarmed. The lock switch on my driver door hasn't worked when the door is open since the system was installed. Manually pressing the door pin didn't change that...wiring perhaps? Now my system will LOCK the doors but will NOT unlock the doors. When this happens, none of the switches inside the truck work to unlock either...but they work to lock. I am getting this looked at by the installers tomorrow but in the mean time, does this sound like an alarm system issue or something else? I know my lock motor is good because occasionally everything will work like it should and it locks/unlocks with no issue. Would a bad lock/unlock switch in the driver door cause the passenger side switch to also not work? They said the system is only piggy-backed on the wiring and that nothing was actually cut to tie it in. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
If everything worked before they installed it and now its barely working its their fault, why would it go in working and come out not?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If everything worked before they installed it and now its barely working its their fault, why would it go in working and come out not?
Like I said, it's going in tomorrow to get looked at by them and they didn't give me any crap about it, I'm just scratching my brain in the mean time. It's likely an issue with the keyless system but its not impossible for this to be a coincidence on 16 year old factory door locks no?

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
I've never had a problem before with factory rke tho, I've had aftermarket systems go bad after a few years tho, actually 3 times I've replaced the aftermarket system on my 95, my rke in the 97 works fine, my dads excursion has also never had a problem either. It possible its the truck, but more likely their error

1 - 4 of 4 Posts