Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

95 no start still

2K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  zombiediesel 
#1 ·
ok so trying to start still. cranks like a champ but wont turn over. i have plenty of oil in pan and in hpop resivoir. fuel pressure and oil pressure at the head. glow plugs are working. unplugged ipr and icp. replaced cps. tach moves. wts on no cel. tested wires from harness to idm all test good. harness all connected. ive been thinking idm.

i got t oreading the ol haynes manual and it gave this idea
no fuel to cylinders: remove a glow plug depress throttle slightly and crank the engine for five seconds ino fuel vapors come out of the glow plug hole go to step e.(plugged fuel return system) if fuel vapors come out remove the rest of the glow plugs and see if fuel vapor comes out of each hole when the engine is cranked if fuel comes out of just one hole clean and test the injection nozzle for that cylinder. crank the engine and note whether fuel vapor is coming out of every glow plug hole. if fuel vapor is coming from every cylinder go to step k( incorrect or contaminated fuel)

so i have vapor coing from every glow plug hole. my thought process is then that each injector is injecting which means the idm is working am i correct here?

so it tells me my next step is k incorrect or contaminated fuel. is there a way to check that with out draining it all and adding new.

any other thoughts or things i should try would be much appreciated

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you been helped?

#4 ·
Ok, so you can crank the motor but no white smoke out the exhaust? Check fuse 22 under the hood. Middle row farthest from you. IF it has popped don't throw a new one in till you check the wiring on the fuel heater on the fuel bowl.If the fuse is good then swap the #1 and #2 relays.

#5 ·
Sorry, the #1 and #3 relays.

#6 ·
so when the truck first died the #22 was blown replaced it and blew again so i removed the fuel bowl heater now it doesnt pop. but still no start. ive switched around the relays in like a million different combinations ive thought of just buying all new ones though

#7 ·
Fuse 12 still good? Well all other fuses still good?

#17 ·
So took the truck to a shop and they couldn't tell me anything. Tonight I started pulling injectors to check orings I only had time to get 2 out. The orings seem fine but the nozzles seem really dirty. And interesting thing is there's sludge inside the injector cylinder. I know I was coming up on an oil change but dang. Can horrible oil quality cause my truck not to start?

#18 ·
Sludge in the oil section or sludge in the fuel section of the injector cylinder. Does it feel like oil or snot/mucus? Is it brown-ish or yellow?

#19 ·
Its dark dark brown almost black feels like sludgy gritty I don't know if I would say mucus. Its all over the inside of the cylinder when I pulled the injector. Seems like crusted burnt oil on the side of the injector and the nozzles are really crusty. Tomorrow I'm pulling the rest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.