Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a major problem with my '95 F250 7.3l diesel. All of a sudden lost complete power and idled like it was starving for fuel. Engine light comes on. Engine light went off, everything was fine for the day. I get home and right before parking it the same thing happened. Lost all power, barely stumbled into parking spot. Opened the hood and the driver side valve cover was smoking and smelled like an electrical burn. Replace the valve cover gasket and the internal connection to the glow plug and injector.

She kicks over on the first crank but with the same problem. Stumbles as if starving for fuel with the engine light on. No codes ever come up. (maybe I need a specific scanner?) If I let it idle for 20 minutes, the engine light will go out, idles normally and all powers restored. Drives perfect. Then it will cycle through the same symptoms.

I have changed the oil, fuel filter, cps, fixed the wiring harness where the old valve cover connection had fried and cannot think of what else to do. I am hoping it is just a sensor such as the exhaust back pressure sensor, or the injection pressure sensor. I checked the Fuel Injector Module for water contamination and did not find any.

any suggestions?

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
Welcome to Org! ! ! man and good luck on fixing it someone should chime in here soon that has had a similiar problem

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
My first guess was going to be the UVC harness but you already fixed that so here's a :bump: for ya.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
My first guess was going to be the UVC harness but you already fixed that so here's a :bump: for ya.
:agree:

when it smokes like that, it's the UVC harness going to the injectors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
bottom falls out?

I went thru the same process recently. Replacing fuel filters, fuel concerns etc. I had changed out the Cam Sensor twice months earlier on my 2002 F250.

I went to this site and someone said "ICP Sensor". This was right for me. mine would happen mostly after a run and shutdown of about 30-40 minutes while running an errrand then coming out to leave again. It would run approx a mile down the road and you would think the guts had fallen out of the fuel tank?

In a sense it was falling out the ICP has something to do with the Injector pressure or signal to feed fuel. It worked for me. Up and running now.
Hope this helps?

J Thomas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts