Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at a 95 F250, 7.3 w/242,000. truck has had new clutch, glow plugs, glow plug relay, glow plug wire harness has been replaced, new u-joints, has an add a leaf to the front end. a lot of stuff fixed or replaced. thinking about pulling the trigger and buying it tonight and wanted to get some opinions on any other questions to ask. truck drives really nice, only issue is it grinds a little dowshifting into 2nd, synchros?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Sounds like a good truck just check the usual blowby rust turbo play etc

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
2nd above post. Learn to double clutch and forget about the syncro's.

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
You can float gears in the zf's fairly easily I'd do that that's what I do with good synchros lol

iPhone auto correcting incorrectly like a boss

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I normally only use the clutch pedal to start otherwise I just match the rpms to the speed and it works great just like driving a big truck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah not too worried about the gear changing, thanks for the replies, i will check the turbo endplay before pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Glad you got it

·
Registered
396 Posts
were are you located? if your in the rust/salt belt states you need to look at oil pan, oil cooler, rear shackels and hangers, exaust manifolds up pipe bolts and even the heads for badly pitted areas. Those coast alot to fix. If all is good then pull the trigger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
truckis rust free, live in colorado, they dont salt out here. trucks runs hard up and down the hills, i live in conifer co at 9k feet and it runs strong. has a 7' meyer hydraulic plow that works great as well. not a bad buy at
$5k even i think. amzing how cold blooded these old diesels are. i have an 07 dodge that fires up no problem in the coldest of days and is ready to drive in minutes. the ford fires up quick but she doesnt like to hit the road for about 15 minutes. overall im pretty happy with it.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
Hhmmm...EBPV could be stuck or disabled by previous owner. Easy check, find the back pressure valve just after the turbine housing. Remove the actuator rod (under the valve) and move the butterfly arm manually. Moves freely, reconnect the rod and note the position of the arm. Tomorrow morning open the hood, start the truck, see if the valve has moved to the closed position.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts