Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i couldn't talk my dad out of buying a '95 psd (auto) as im a cummins guy, but hope it works out well for hem. Ive done lots of stuff with my 2nd gen cummins (now close to 500HP) but don't know much about the fords. I was thinking that i will put on the a BHAF ( dono if you guys use that term but its a "big huge air filter" from napa thats like 30 bucks) Muffler/Cat delete
and then i need to know what the best turner/box/chip or whatever would be... He cares about fuel economy ONLY. not worried about huge HP or anything like that.
thanks guys
Mike

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I would say that the best chip to get would be the custom tuned tony wildman chip. You can put a daily, econo and street setting on and there is also the extreme setting and smoke setting, but that is the best chip in my opinion for a 7.3.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got an edge evo for sale, $300 obo. i got an extra 2-4mpg on mine on the tow/economy setting. It will make it perform alot better to.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
http://www.totaldieselperformance.com/ (aka Tony Wildman) or Jody Tipton at Dp Tuner . I was at the dyno with two other similar trucks(OBS) we all had the same injectors, I had my Wildman and they had Jody's tunes. I made 2 more hp than one and 4 more than the other. So they are very close as far as performance goes. I think Jody's has some nicer features though.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Tony Wildman is the way to go....Has a lot of good programs and is constantly improving and coming up with new ones. www.TOTALDIESELPERFORMANCE.com

He will re-burn the chip for free should you want to change the programming later on down the road...The chips are all switch on the fly as opposed to a programmer to be plugged into the OBDII port when the truck is off etc etc...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
326hp/660 tq. With a stock torque converter. That needs to be upgraded.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
326hp/660 tq. With a stock torque converter. That needs to be upgraded.
Nice numbers! I am considering baby swamps too but first comes an intercooler torque converter and valve body.

Sorry to hijack there guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts