Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hows it going everyone I am have a issue going on the truck is a (95 7.3 auto) everything is bone stock and been replaced within the last two years.

the problem is it is struggling to start and once it is running i cant get the rpms past 2000 before it shudders/dies out no cel at all and no codes

(new parts pcm, idm, ipr, icp, fuel filter, uvch, and cps) truck still runs fine when its idling but will still eventually stall out

also fuel psi at idle is 50 but doesnt change under load any help is much appreciated im losing my mind on this truck

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
If your fuel bowl and FPR is good and clean then i'd suspect the fuel pump. 50psi and no increase when revving the motor is not good.

You can try the BB mod as a quick check.

Next time it stalls out, open the fuel bowl and see how much fuel is in there. Pump may not be able to keep up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay I’m out of town this weekend but I had a friend start it and Check bowl when it stalled and this is where the fuel was at.

I have to wait till I get home todo try the bb mod, a mechanic I’ve been talking to said may be the pump or the selector valve
25A8C4E2-0932-4C5D-9E36-59F96C95318C.jpeg

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
rebuild the regulator

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys sorry for the late response.

So I haven’t tried the bb mod yet but was able to shoot a video to help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts