Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the truck this morning and when I got home from work after being parked for 20 minutes it won't start. Battery seems fine, I even tried a jump start and still no start. Wait to start light turns on like normal. Before this happened, it was making a rattling or knocking sound when I first start the truck for a few seconds then runs like normal, but now it just won't start. I haven't really done anything because I'm not sure where I should start looking. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Year/Model/Trans?
Any mods like a chip or tuner (or other)?
Any recent work on the truck?
Is the Check Engine Light ON?
White smoke out the exhaust when trying to start?
Tach moving when cranking?
Check Oil Level
Check Fuel Pressure (schrader valve on the Fuel Pressure Regulator on the driver's side of the fuel bowl ... should be at least 25 psi when cranking)

Cheers!

Reactions: Hydro

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pull the top off your fuel filter and see if it is full...if not - fill it and see if it starts. Many times lack of fuel issues cause that rattle and knock at startup...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing I failed to mention is that the truck won't even crank. Thanks for the advice, but now that y'all know it doesn't crank, do yall have a different opinion?

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
One thing I failed to mention is that the truck won't even crank. Thanks for the advice, but now that y'all know it doesn't crank, do yall have a different opinion?
Will it crank when you jump the solenoid on the fender?

Reactions: Brokein2
1 - 5 of 5 Posts