Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I need help I'm crossing over to Ford from a dodge I found a clean 95 250 112 000 miles and the owner sent me these engine pics it doesent look like a turbo stroke that I've seen before can some experts help me identify it they want 10grand for it is that a good deal

Attachments

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Looks like a typical 95 powerstroke to me. It does have a aftermarket intercooler system installed so you are not seeing the big helmet of a engine cover that you would normally see on a stock engine.
Also, pull the air duct off of that air filter housing going to the turbo and make sure it is clean inside. If it is clean that's great but if it has a film of dirt in it walk away.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
It has an aftermarket intercooler. Looks like it might be a Hypermax IC kit??

If the truck rust free, 4x4, and has less than 200k, 10 grand is a very good deal where I reside.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello guys I need help I'm crossing over to Ford from a dodge I found a clean 95 250 112 000 miles and the owner sent me these engine pics it doesent look like a turbo stroke that I've seen before can some experts help me identify it they want 10grand for it is that a good deal
Looks like a typical 95 powerstroke to me. It does have a aftermarket intercooler system installed so you are not seeing the big helmet of a engine cover that you would normally see on a stock engine.
Also, pull the air duct off of that air filter housing going to the turbo and make sure it is clean inside. If it is clean that's great but if it has a film of dirt in it walk away.
It has an aftermarket intercooler. Looks like it might be a Hypermax IC kit??
Thank you brothers for your knowledge unfortunately it's a 2wd
If the truck rust free, 4x4, and has less than 200k, 10 grand is a very good deal

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Nothing wrong with 2wd, not everyone wants or needs 4wd. With that low of mileage if it has been well maintained it is worth the money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts