Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 DI "VIN F" HARD START, ROUGH IDLE THEN SMOOTHES OUT BUT VERY SLOW ACCELERATION AND NO POWER. ALL IDEAS CONSIDERED

·
Registered
776 Posts
Do you have a "sucking" type sound coming from the "general vecinity" as the turbo? Does the truck "regain" it's power once sufficiently warm?

If so, it could be the EBPV. (Exhaust Back Pressure Valve). It's a silly butterfly valve, that International installed to assist in engine warming when cold. (but they can stick, and act funky).

This could be it. If you don't have the suckng sound, and the truck never regains it's power, then I'm not sure.

mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sucking noise. Thnx for the input. Still need to get codes read as truck is not driveable. I think it is a fuel problem of some kind and will dig into it futher after the holiday.

·
Registered
437 Posts
i get the sucking alot, it gets annoying because it happens alot when it is warmed up also, when its REALLY cold, it will open and shut a couple times going down the road. is this normal?

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
i get the sucking alot, it gets annoying because it happens alot when it is warmed up also, when its REALLY cold, it will open and shut a couple times going down the road. is this normal?
Perfectly normal... you are refering to the ebpv(exhaust back pressure valve) it closes to warm the truck up quicker when ambient temp. is cold

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
after re-reading your post... it should not close while the truck is warm

·
Registered
437 Posts
after re-reading your post... it should not close while the truck is warm
now that i remember, it happens when i use a 5.6 or 10k resistor for the icp (10k mod) it happens for a very short time before it closes.

·
Registered
776 Posts
The EBPV is annoying at best. Pretty much everybody just unplugs them. Small plug below and just to right of turbo pedistal (at least on my truck).

mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts