Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a 94 7.3 DIT with about 186k miles on it, i just replaced the GPR and fuel bowl heater, and when the engine is cold it starts like a champ but once the engine comes up to temp and I shut it off (and go do my grocery shopping) it will not start it just cranks and does not fire, funny thing is I have no loss of power, no misses, no check engine light when it is hot and running, but if I shut it off it won’t start up again, after the engine cools off (usually 1.5 -2 hours ) it will start fine.
After some googling and looking at forums I changed the ICP sensor but no change. I’m a bit stumped
Thank you all in advance

Green

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
You could have bad Injector Pressure Regulator (IPR) or bad Injector O-rings. The less viscous hot oil will bypass the O-rings causing a lack of pressure buildup and a no-start when hot. I would start with an IPR Reseal Kit and see if that fixes it. If you want to check for bad injector O-rings, you'll be using a lot of oil or, if it's leaking from the top set, it will be leaking out around the base of the injector (look with the valvecovers off and cranking). Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thank you I will look into an O-ring kit. While I am waiting for that to come in is there a way the I can test the coil on that IPR

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Check the resistance of the coil. It should be 8-16 ohms. Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wanted to post an update, i tested the ohms on the IPR coil, it read right around 12. I also put an o-ring kit in the IPR and cleaned it as thoroughly as I could. Reinstalled the IPR and it is still a hot no start. I considered that maybe the battery’s might be a problem (not enough rpm when the oil is hot) both batteries will only hold a 70% charge and have a dead cell. So I put new batteries in and I am still having the same problem. I have an OBD2 Bluetooth adapter and torque pro app, and when the engine is hot and cranking, the app Is telling me that the HPOP psi is reaching 371 at max
And the IPR percentage is at 49.1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol I just reread your first post
And checking the injector o-rings is the next item on my todo list

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
That would definitely do it! Glad you got it fixed. Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts