Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just put new O rings on my turbo pedestal to stop it from leaking and after finishing and putting it all back together and starting it up i noticed a new leak this time fuel dripping off the passenger side in between the oil pan and the bell housing. I looked in the valley and there is a pool of fuel sitting under what I believe is the injection pump but I might be wrong. If i could get some help that would be great.
Fuel leak.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I just put new O rings on my turbo pedestal to stop it from leaking and after finishing and putting it all back together and starting it up i noticed a new leak this time fuel dripping off the passenger side in between the oil pan and the bell housing. I looked in the valley and there is a pool of fuel sitting under what I believe is the injection pump but I might be wrong. If i could get some help that would be great. View attachment 770086
Correction it is the fuel pump not injection pump.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Hard to tell in the pictures but the crush washers for the banjo bolt will leak over time.

Copper washers, cheap from International. Can be replaced with the right size wrench and patience.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I agree with White, although that may not be your only source of the leak. Number of things it could be:
Any of the multiple o-rings throughout the fuel system in the valley
Fuel pump (weep hole leaks telling you pump is failing)
Any of the rubber hoses
Any of the fuel sensors.

I chased the same problem. The advice you will hear a lot is gut it and go with e-fuel setup.

For me, wanting to keep the stock setup, I decided to take the entire fuel system apart and reseal EVERYTHING. Fuel bowl, all the rubber lines, new fuel pump (mine was leaking), banjo bolts, steel line seals, etc. in total cost me about $300 in parts, including the fuel pump and fuel bowl wiring harness (mine was destroyed) and I had to replace two sensors.

But then again, I’m very big on preventative maintenance. I don’t like being stranded somewhere. I prioritize reliability with my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
i just did mine last month i had fuel leaking down the back and went to go break loose the banjo bolt and it was hardly even snug. i ended up replacing my pump anyhoo being i was at 312k i wasnt sure if it was original. sealed it right up. might try to see if your bolt is tight first but if all else fails pull it out n look for weep hole seepage and all that. with a bowl delete this job is a breeze. but be prepared for a little fight with hoses attached to the bowl and whatnot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts