Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 93 f250 non turbo not to long ago. dont know alot about diesels but trying to learn as much as possible. i know i like everything i learn about them. was wondering if putting a larger exhast would make that huge of a difference on this being non turbo. what is your alls experience with that. all do you know of any good exhaust systems for these motors.. i was thinking about welding up my own down tube. also running through the idea of stacks..what does every one think????????

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So no one has any ideas on this no one has put an exhaust on theres and seen if it made a difference or knows of any place to buy a kit for these trucks anybody......... anybody???..........anybody

·
Registered
55 Posts
Its a non-turbo. You need the back pressure from the muffler system to have it run properly. After the muffler it really doesnt matter if you run a 5" pipe or not. Your turbo creates back pressure in a normal turbo diesel system, and then most run strait pipe afterwards because the engine is recieving back pressure.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
look into buying a banks or ats turbo for it, there not that hard to do and are only like 800 bucks i beleive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
look into buying a banks or ats turbo for it, there not that hard to do and are only like 800 bucks i beleive.
$800 turbo kit, i want one.....:thumb: Be kinda funny to buy the turbo and then go get the truck. LOL!! In my case at least.

good luck with the build and keep us posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts