Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lost now. Ive put an IPR, ICP, 1 injector and a pcm in the truck. At idle it runs great. As soon as you move it will start to knock and want to shut off. If you remove the load it returns to normal. Im about tired of this truck and ready to set it ablaze!!! Help please!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 5 speed

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
why one injector? Buzz test?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It failed contribution balance test. So as a good tech who needs money.....I replaced it. Fuel psi is decent. Im putting the pickup in the tank and a header on the filter housing now. Im getting frustrated, this doesnt happen to often but yet Im not a veteran at this crap either.

·
Registered
26 Posts
contribution test tells you which cylinder is down on power. Your experience may tell you that the injector failed. I'm asking what made the injector fail? Original part, poor design/ low fuel pressure/ failed o-rings / cracked injector cup?
Another thing to look at is pump some fuel out and check fuel quality.
I also thought about an issue I've heard about but not seen. Clearance between CMP sensor and trigger wheel? Does it have the newest level CMP sensor? there's a recall on '97 - '03 7.3PSDs

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah i checked cam clearance, I thought about it, but I have never seen that be an issue either. Im waiting on parts now, thank god the guy is being tolerable with me.
The injector failed the contribution balance test, once inspected it appears to just be clogged and probably failed internally.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its a sad sad day. I dropped the tank and pulled the pickup tube out. The smell was very sweet, almost like peaches. Well itook some samples and found veggie oil, alot of it. He was trying to run some homemade bio diesel in the truck. Its just not mixxed right, about 50% veggie, you can watch the oil bubbles in my 10 oz sample just floating everywhere. SO now he is looking at some serious money on this truck.

Just filling you guys in, becareful if yall choose bio and do your research.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I imagine the higher fuel prices get, the more of these cases you techs are going to see. :doh:

Lots of people trying to save money by taking shortcuts, and making their own fuel. Theres nothing wrong with doing it, if you do it right. You definitely don't want to shortcut it, and do it the quick and easy way...

I agree, it has to be researched very well first, and a lot of time put into it, to be done right.

Too bad for that guy...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts