Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my dad has a 89 diesel, 5speed. If i turn the pump up will i have to put a diff. fuel system on it? I supose il have to put a new clutch in it also? Is there diff. injectors i could put in it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I didn't do anything to the fuel system on mine when I turned it up. It's been a real long time, but IIRC, it didn't take much of an adjustment either. It seems like it was a minute adjustment that I made and wound up having to back off of that. I had a Banks Sidewinder turbo on it, 4" back exhaust and a Transpack. It would tow real good. I don't know what is available for these any more, but I would consider trying to get it more air way before larger injectors, JMO.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Not sure what is available for injectors. The pumps are pretty easy to turn up. Only turn the screw in about 1 flat on the allen wrench. That's all it takes. if it dosn't smoke much you can go a little more but esepcially if it's a nonturbo if you go much it'll start smoking real bad. Also a good idea to put a pyro on it. The rest of the fuel system won't need to be addressed and I doubt the clutch will have a problem. While it'll be a lot more power than stock it's not really like doing a chip in a powerstroke.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts