Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
well i know that the 7.3 your talkin about is just a computerized turboed version of the same block and the transmision change but there isnt a injector pump you could use in the place of the stock pump does anyone know who has the biggest numbers on the sight??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i have both and no its a d-max

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
well i know that the 7.3 your talkin about is just a computerized turboed version of the same block and the transmision change but there isnt a injector pump you could use in the place of the stock pump does anyone know who has the biggest numbers on the sight??
No there is not, you can turn the pump up a bit. But if you go to much you damage the pump and risk having an engine run away on you.

·
Beach Bum
26,655 Posts
the blocks are NOT the same. specially the heads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
well thanks fellas i do appriciate all the help even with the jokes all if i have any more questions ill be sure to be back and ask thanks again yall keep them fords blowin smoke

·
Beach Bum
26,655 Posts
well thanks fellas i do appriciate all the help even with the jokes all if i have any more questions ill be sure to be back and ask thanks again yall keep them fords blowin smoke
hey your in nacagdoches.

:thumb:

·
back to business
3,551 Posts
OK, so lets get this all straight, he's got a

06' Chevy D-Max 2500,
93' 12v Dodge Cummins
and is thinking about buying an 89 Ford F-250 7.3

First, powersmoke86 - what do you got done to the Cummins and D-max? Both are decent trucks with great potential in the engines. One (the Dodge w/ Cummins) will make huge power with little work and money, and the other (the Chev D-max) Has potential to be fast as he!!.

Secondly, why do you want to mod an 89 Ford 7.3 IDI??? Seems like such an odd choice (at least to me) I'd go with a late 99-03 7.3 (with low miles) if I didn't have much of a buget and was looking to make BIG power out of a Ford.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Secondly, why do you want to mod an 89 Ford 7.3 IDI??? Seems like such an odd choice (at least to me) I'd go with a late 99-03 7.3 (with low miles) if I didn't have much of a buget and was looking to make BIG power out of a Ford.
thats what i was asking and wondering myself??!?!?! :dunno:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts