Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my first diesel about a month ago the glow plugs needed replacing so yesterday i finally got around to doing it an one of them broke off an fell inside an is in a piston we tried getting it out does anybody have any ideas on how to get it apart without having to take the head off an whatnot? i don't really have time or money to do that as of right now i know i shouldn't be driving her either because the engine is so good an clean only around 130k id guess. you can hear it kindve knock around inside a little bit im hoping it doesn't do any permanent damage to the block or anything.. if that happens is their anything i can really do besides run her into the ground? i picked it up for 1400 is it even worth fixing? ive heard that the glowplug might just disintegrate or melt to the head? i tried smashing them to see how hard thatd be an their pretty damn sturdy... i think they were the originals... thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would try to extract it through the injector hole. it may be tough to find a magnet to get down in there, so I would suggest putting a LED pen light in the glowplug hole and use a wooden dowel with grease on the end to try and stick to the broken piece to fish it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts