Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
low milage 96 F350 CCLB 4x4

1996 F350 4x4 crew cab long bed.... 82K miles
So my father in law decided its time he wants the new 6.7, he asked me to sell his 96 F350 crew cab long bed ( my trucks almost twin)...
Its a modders dream... 100% stock truck, well maintained, the only thing done to it...
I did the 6637 mod on it. still have the original air box if wanted.

In dash flip out DVD player (with nav. If wanted... nav unit needs to be installed...) But I MIGHT be keeping this.. but i will replace it with a NICE radio of the buyers specs for delivery

Clean body, except for a spot in the hood where he slammed it down with a hammer in the way that creased the hood... Still closes and latches fine, and of course 16 years worth of normal use scratches and such in the bed.

Clean title..... Clear title.....

Looking to get 9200.00 for it... He doesent want to use it as a trade in as the local ford dealer offered him 1500.00 for it...

Cant get pics to upload but p.m. Me your name and number and i will send you pics.

Heading down to pick it up from him and I will shoot a video and put on youtube also...

(added perk from me... Id be willing to pick you up from the airport (Boise) and I will have the oil changed, and I will have the truck topped off on diesel (( both tanks )) plus I'll even throw in an additional 110 gallons to get you home w.o. Having to pay for fuel... Thats 148 gallons total.... and at the abysmal rate of 12 MPG that would be 1776 miles w/o buying fuel..... but the more semi realistic 15MPG thats 2220 miles w/o a fillup, @ 19.0 MPG what I just got coming from California = 2812 Miles)

Worst case ... shoot me an offer and ill pass it on...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Damn that's the truck I was lookig for when I bought my 250. Wish I had the cheese.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Does it have an auto or manual? I just spent must of my cash on a project car, but what would he say about 50 down/ 50 payment?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Guys.... Just got back from Cali, Went down and got the truck from my father in law...

ill be adding pics sometime today...

and sending pics to the people who asked for them...

sorry it took so long guys... but im on top of it now...

in answer to everybodys question the truck is an AUTOMATIC E4OD trans with a shift kit that was just done... well last weekend...

This thing gets amazing fuel milage... have gone 608 miles on both tanks, and they still arent empty.. gauges are on "E" but truck is till running.... time to fuel it today....

I will also make this offer.... if anybody who takes the truck (if full price asking price is paid) ANY mod you want done, I will have it done for you BEFORE you take delivery... AT COST... just let me know what you would like done....

·
Registered
496 Posts
you should throw it on ebay - you can link the ad to this thread - and anyone who followed the last " truck on ebay" thread knows what THAT one went for.. just a thought..

·
Registered
496 Posts
Your MPG is great. I get 300 for both tanks.
300 miles for BOTH tanks?? when i was using both of mine, i got 300 miles just out of my rear tank. both i could get 550 + if i really ran them down.

NOW - my rear tank has a hole in it, and the level indicator doesnt work on my front - but even still, i just watch the trip odometer and fill up when i put 200 miles on it, and there is usually 3 or 4 gallons left..

sorry - i know im getting off topic.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wanna trade for a 99.5 f250 lol

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
300 miles for BOTH tanks?? when i was using both of mine, i got 300 miles just out of my rear tank. both i could get 550 + if i really ran them down.

NOW - my rear tank has a hole in it, and the level indicator doesnt work on my front - but even still, i just watch the trip odometer and fill up when i put 200 miles on it, and there is usually 3 or 4 gallons left..

sorry - i know im getting off topic.
Yeah I weigh probably 1300 over stock, and have 3.55s and 315 tires so they are pretty luggy.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jesus christ its a twin of the one that sold on ebay for $30,000.. im telling ya guy-- ebay..

here - look for yourself..
Ford : F-250 XLT in Ford | eBay Motors

edit - new carpet and dash panel under $300.. = like new truck
edit to the edit - ok.. maybe a hood and bedliner too - but still.. thats worth it

Holy [email protected] ! ! ! ! EXTREMELY tempting... but I would rather not take the chance of people winning the bidding then backing out on it, or any of that crap... Id rather get rid of it "as is" but you just pointed out that some once could take it and flip it very quickly for a nice profit.... LOL

not to mention I would rather not deal with the B.S. of Fleese Bay, or them taking 10% of the purchase price for thier "fees"...

but Im sure you can understand Id rather pass this deal onto a powerstroke member....

if it doesent sell by Friday on here then I might consider doing the Ebay thing...

Id do craigsliSSt here but I sold a 2000 with 37,000 on the clock in MINT condition, asking 7K (worth 10,5) and everybody here wanted to offer me 3-4K for it.... I sold it to a buddy of mine stationed aboard Camp Pendleton (marine base) for 5K because he pulled my *** out of the fire a few times it was the least I could do...

Point is.... Idaho every body thinks thier diesels (all diesels) are made of solid gold, but they want to low ball the hell out of you to buy it from you.

·
...kind of looks homeless
2,079 Posts
Gunny, if I didn't already have that exact truck in a different color you'd be getting a phone call. That thing is gorgeous. Funny thing is I want that paint scheme. If I wasn't 100% positive my wife would leave me because of it, I would spend the weekend out there swapping mods off mine and onto yours. :hehe:

·
Registered
496 Posts
yea theres no denying thats a nice truck. i d still stick with ebay though. more exposure, and alot of people in here, like myself, are too busy dumping money into fixing their own trucks..

save some money on ebay and just charge $5,000 for shipping - u dont pay any fees on whatever you charge for shipping, even if you dont plan on shipping anything.. just advise people in the add of the additional cost. just my .02

1 - 15 of 15 Posts