Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be posible to make a 800hp 7.3? if you had the right tuning and alot of motor work done and the right turbo set up would it be posible?

Thanks ben

·
Banned
71 Posts
!

Yeah, but it would take tons of money. There are several 500hp 7.3's. Thats pretty respectable. Marty here on the site is pushing 600hp i'm pretty sure. Better have deep pockets to hit 800 though.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
The only thing you need for that much power is a deep checkbook.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Watched a 7.3 put down 739... on nitrous. That was cool. It was a built motor....

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
I think Zane from W.O.P. put down 871 on spray a while back on the dyno with his OBS race truck. It's built to the max and he sprays it hard... WOP has a rail now with quad turbos that should be capable of all that and more...

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think Zane from W.O.P. put down 871 on spray a while back on the dyno with his OBS race truck. It's built to the max and he sprays it hard... WOP has a rail now with quad turbos that should be capable of all that and more...
i was reading about the quad turbo in a issue of DP. Also that is one nice OBS they have

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
zane's truck is nasty

800 is alot of power for sure..would be a cool truck though

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
besides deep pockets what would it take?
A deeper checkbook and a whole lot of custom work. There's only a few guys in the 800HP club...

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
There is like 2 7.3s that are a little above 1000 hp so its possible. Just don't know if your check book is going to be able to handle it lol.

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
805 on spray. I know it is true because I was there.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Brian Jelich just dynoed his 7.3 at Rudy's Dyno day this past weekend at 1056 and 18XX. Its completely built from bottom to top with extreme cams and just everything. lotssss of money

1 - 14 of 14 Posts