Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my factory exhaust straight piped :thumb:. Sounds great, but I'm all stock so I can't see spending the money for a 4" turbo back. Does it really make that big a difference over the 3 1/2"? :dunno:.
Anyway, short story long, I asked the guy if adding a tip would help the sound and all he could do was grin. He started walking to a rack and I was curious so I followed. We got there and he pulled out an 8" tip!!! I could fit my entire head in that thing! Might as well weld up a hot water heater. :hehe:
I didn't get it because my truck is still at factory height and I don't want it dragging the ground. That thing was HUGE!

·
I have excessive flatulance!!
1,273 Posts
Yea that would look kinda goofy :lol:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I WOULD RUN IT IF I COULD FIND 2 OF THEM 20" LONG LOL

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
YEA BUT HOW MANY PEOPLE ACTUALLY HAVE THEM YOU KNOW YOU ARE RIGHT THEY ARE POINTLESS BUT I GOTTA BE DIFFERENT

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I have a buddy who has an 8" tip on his 01 cummins and the tip is 20" long. It is massive but looks cool when he is rollin coal

·
Registered
203 Posts
True, but there are better ways to be different than having something that reduces your offroad ability and also fuel mileage (bigass tips sticking you does you no favors).

At the end of the day, if they make you happy, more power to ya :)

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
yeah no kidding I couldnt imagine going bigger than a 6" but it didnt look all that bad on his truck, I wouldnt do it though

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
LOL WELL I AM HAPPY WITH MY 6" THEY DO THE TRICK FOR ME

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
my dad has a 6" and even that big i can fit my hand in it but it looks good, cant imagine an 8" you could probley put your head in it

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
True, but there are better ways to be different than having something that reduces your offroad ability and also fuel mileage (bigass tips sticking you does you no favors).

At the end of the day, if they make you happy, more power to ya :)
How does an 8" tip hurt your fuel mileage?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts