Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just realized my 97 f250 powerstroke has 7 lugs not 8 like my bro-in law's f350. kinda sucks cause i just came across some really nice rims, just i didnt buy them cause they wouldn't have fit my truck. some obs f250 have 8 lugs, i'm just wonderin why there is a difference, and if anyone can explain it. thanks

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Really?? Never heard of such a thing. I've seen those Ford 7 lug wheel covers though.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Ford made a heavy duty half ton with 7 lug wheels. It was only made for like 2 years I think. the outline of the door probably doesnt have the "drop" in the front of it towards the mirror does it? I think there are only like 2 or 3 types of wheels that you can get with 7 lugs. Some people called it not a "real" F-250 cause it didnt have all the stuff that the SD's have. Your truck looks like the 97 and up F-150s.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
oh, the GVWR of the truck is alot less than the Diesels also.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Ford made a heavy duty half ton with 7 lug wheels. It was only made for like 2 years I think. the outline of the door probably doesnt have the "drop" in the front of it towards the mirror does it? I think there are only like 2 or 3 types of wheels that you can get with 7 lugs. Some people called it not a "real" F-250 cause it didnt have all the stuff that the SD's have. Your truck looks like the 97 and up F-150s.
The OBS strokes had some 7 lug covers but the only 250's that actually had 7 lug rims were the light duty 250's that looked like 150's.
NICE!! Learn something new every day! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Glad to be of assistance!!

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Unless it has had a transplant, then it shouldnt be a "powerstroke diesel". Just a F-250. Maybe he got confused on the name of the trucks and what they had in them.....

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
So from this am i to assume that an F250 with 7 lug wheels is a gasser?

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Many of the 97 Powerstrokes came with a 7 lug plastic hub cap.

Good point there Scuffy Jr!!! :rofl::hehe:j/k!!

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
Many of the 97 Powerstrokes came with a 7 lug plastic hub cap.
OK Jon, read his post one more time. It says he could not buy wheels due to the fact his has seven LUGS. My question is does he have an anomaly? I have never seen a heavy half with a diesel. Just curious.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Take the plastic cover off, then count the lugs.

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
Post a pic of the truck. I wanna see were this goes.
I feel the same. I used to own two of those in my fleet of plumbing trucks, they were good but not diesel. All I was going by was what he wrote in his post.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts