Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last F250 (8" Fabtech lift, 20x12 Fuel Hostage Deep -44 offset, with 37x13.50 Open Country MTs) was stolen a few months back. Finally got everything settled with the insurance company and bought another 2006 this past weekend. I am ready to order parts for it and have a quick question.

I am going to the 8" BDS 4-link system this time and will be running the exact same wheels but in black (20x12 Hostage Deep -44 offset). I am struggling to find 37s in a decent price but found a complete package on Ebay with 38x13.50. I previously had to trim about an inch of the front inner wheel well to accommodate the 37x13.50 on my old truck. The only time I would hear anything was at full turn but it annoyed me enough to trim that back part of the lining a bit. Think I will have to cut out even more with the 38x13.50? If so, I may just wait until Toyo produces more tires and fills in back stock at some of these places with long wait times.

·
Registered
687 Posts
My last F250 (8" Fabtech lift, 20x12 Fuel Hostage Deep -44 offset, with 37x13.50 Open Country MTs) was stolen a few months back. Finally got everything settled with the insurance company and bought another 2006 this past weekend. I am ready to order parts for it and have a quick question.

I am going to the 8" BDS 4-link system this time and will be running the exact same wheels but in black (20x12 Hostage Deep -44 offset). I am struggling to find 37s in a decent price but found a complete package on Ebay with 38x13.50. I previously had to trim about an inch of the front inner wheel well to accommodate the 37x13.50 on my old truck. The only time I would hear anything was at full turn but it annoyed me enough to trim that back part of the lining a bit. Think I will have to cut out even more with the 38x13.50? If so, I may just wait until Toyo produces more tires and fills in back stock at some of these places with long wait times.

You had 37x13.50 and had to trim. Now you're going to 38x13.50 and you want to know if you'll have to trim more? :dunno:

Yes

·
Registered
226 Posts
The specifications on Toyo's site says...

So the 38x13.50 is .7" taller and .3" wider. I really don't think that's a big enough difference for it be noticeable.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Also, Air pressure makes a big difference in this equation. If you're running full PSI and are unloaded, you can definitely air them down some. That'll help with clearance

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't expecting not to have to trim at all...I was just curious if I am going to have to get crazy with the Dremel. I just want to make sure I wasn't taking something into consideration where 1" in extra tire leads to 5" more of cutting.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You could always get a small wheel spacer. I saw a bunch of 1/4" & 1/2" wheel spacers on ebay, just search "8x170 1/4"

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Stay away from the wheel spacers unless you buy the best of the best which get very expensive dont buy that cheap stuff off of ebay.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i run 38x15.50x18s and it dont rub anywhere. but then again i have custom front fenders.
What rims are your running? Off the top of your head, do you know what the backspacing is?

·
Registered
687 Posts
What rims are your running? Off the top of your head, do you know what the backspacing is?
His application isn't the same as yours. He doesn't rub because he has full replacement fenders.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I run 38x15.5 20's and had to trim the plastic a bit but after that havent rubbed at all.This tire size sucks now cause you are limited to just a few manufacturers now that DC and MT dont produce them anymore which were my preference.Just trim a bit if it rubs and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had MTs forever. Then they stopped making them in my size. So I got the TOYOs! And it is such a better tire! I will be buying another set when these go bad
Yea I had Toyo's 2 sets prior and didnt have any issues with them other than they didn't last as long as my MT's but overall was a decent tire.Probably gonna go back to them once these DC's wear down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts