Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it seems that I am beating a dead horse but any info would be much appriciated..F-250 SRW 4x4 PSD, 20x10 with 37"tires+8" lift and 4:56 gears towing a toy box (10,500 lb. loaded) Do I use the TOW HAUL MODE all the time cause it seems to be in low gears anytme i am under 45 MPH! is this normal?To top it off it seems the temp heats up much faster than when it was stock.what can I do to lower the tep.? Thanks in advance for your 411:icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
you can use it, that mode just hold it in gear longer to make for better towing. i believe it also makes the shifts a little firmer. im not too sure about the temps.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
i had the same setup but with 38's and 3.73 gears. towed a 26' toy hauler 10k pds loaded with tow haul on all the time. its gonna get hot quick no matter what. if you havent done so already, do the egr delete and your temps will run a little cooler.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Along with RWalker I don't know about the temps, but my setup in the signature will hold a lower gear until I am over 50-55ish when I am towing a fairly heavy load in tow/haul. I am absolutely in love with the way the truck downshifts though...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies , this site is the shissssssnnnitttt & the members are even better thanks again!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can take it out of Tow Haul when on flat straight roads if you choose but going down hill it provides some engine braking and going up hill it holds a lower gear longer.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have 4.30s with 37's and my rpms are slightly lower than stock with 3.73. I would think that 4.56 would only be about 100 rpms higher than 4.30s at 60mph. should not make much difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts