Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

On our recent trip down to Arkansas I ran across the truck I have been searching for and the price was right. It is a 2001 regular cab, two wheel drive, automatic, roll up windows and the only option on the truck is A/C :thumb:

The truck is very clean and has only 113k on the clock.

The truck will eventually turn into our strip terror. I can see the big picture in my head, it'll be something to do during the winter when business is usually a little slower.

So far I have started the 2005-2007 front end conversion, purchased a new tailgate as that was the only sore spot on the truck and purchased a flush roll pan that will replace the rear bumper to save weight and for looks. Other cosmetics will be a cowl induction hood and then will we focus on the engine and suspension before deciding on paint and graphics.

With the front clip off, I'll post the pics when finished with the front end.

James
RSD

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
good luck with the truck. when you change the air box i could use the part that covers the battery

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'll keep track of things along the way. I have to restrain myself, I have products that I could slap on there that are sitting on the shelves but I need to figure out the engine build before I do that :crazy:

Man, that single Silverline midnight black stack kit sitting over there sure would look good.....restrain James, restrain :woot:

James
RSD

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hey that truck looks like mine. I want to do the front end conversion too so let me know how that goes for you. So far just did some factory alloys and a leveling kit for looks.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey that truck looks like mine. I want to do the front end conversion too so let me know how that goes for you. So far just did some factory alloys and a leveling kit for looks.
Hey bro. So far its smooth sailing on the front end. All the parts match up perfectly. I just have to install the bumper brackets on the new bumper and bolt it back on. I sourced eBay and Varsity Ford for the parts I couldn't find.

James
RSD

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Front Clip On

Alright, got the front clip buttoned up today, I just have to put the lower bumper valance on and finish the headlight wiring. If you guys have ever thought about doing the 05-07 conversion, do it, its pretty simple.

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Shorten that bed :drool: Its gonna be a fun toy. I would love to find a reg cab 7.3 4x4. Can we say 10 inch lift and 40's

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shorten that bed :drool: Its gonna be a fun toy. I would love to find a reg cab 7.3 4x4. Can we say 10 inch lift and 40's
I am going to look around tomorrow and see if we have anyone local that can tackle that job. Anyone know anyone in the Chicagoland area?

James
RSD

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Great find. Make that thing into a 7.3 to be reckoned with.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
It looks so much better with that front end.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Man I'm so jealous. I want that, send me the notes so I can do that too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts