Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,115 Posts
ICP pressure? No. I dont have a scan tool of the sort
And Now you do ;)

Monitor ICP pressure (in psi plz) and IPR%

The ICP will show you why & when of the 1280 and the IPR will show you how hard the system is having to work to make that pressure.

If you're much below 500psi the computer won't trigger the IDM to fire the injectors.

If the IPR is more than about 40% then it's working too hard (65% is about max)

Low psi with a high % means that either you have a leak in the HiPres Oil system that the pump is having a hard time keeping-up with OR the IPR itself maybe not be doing what the PCM is commanding it to do.

The other two codes are Not keeping you from Starting..

·
Premium Member
9,115 Posts
Those are good numbers, have a look at your reservoir level again and if it's now full (@1" down from the top) then you have to go in a different direction because you now have acceptable HiPres Oil in the system.

That 1280 may have been there from the previous issue. Good scanner procedure is to Read & Write Down the codes, then Clear All Codes (Erase), run or attempt to start and Scan again to see what came back right away to know what the, current, most significant, problems are.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
The only code I keep seeing reappearing is the icp circuit low and cps circuit intermittent. oil in reservoir still full. it actually ran for a few more seconds longer than it normally did after clearing codes and cranking
Edit: scratch cps. Only icp reappears.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
I went and got another icp and now I'm getting p1670 electronic feedback not detected. I have another idm, just gotta drive an hour to brothers house, probably do that tomorrow. My fault on 1670 code, I didnt push relay back in all the way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Haven't posted in awhile so for an update I pulled all injectors to do an o-ring job and #3 injector bottom o'ring was ate up a little on top of it and #7 gp wire rubbed a hole in it from injector or lifter. Once I get back together I'll update if it starts. Thanks for everyone's help

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Before I forget does anyone know why there wouldn't be any oil draining from passenger side oil rail. driver side had plenty. Any thoughts or ideas would help

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
maybe an injector o-ring leaking by, or a galley plug oring is leaking. Any signs of oil leaking external on the passenger side head?
No sign of leak. I'll fill that rail up and see. I've got new o'rings on them now, haven't put injectors back in yet until I get oil off of pistons on driver side.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
Ok at this point I'm to the point that the pcm is bad or a wire. after cranking on it and it will constantly try to start but doesn't, now I'm getting codes p1670, p1316, p0344. I swapped idm a month ago have new cps on it. Did another self test and it passed but also got the CID error earlier today p1219 code. Only codes I get when clearing these is iat and boost sensor. I'm loosing it.

Edit: is it possible that when the 12v charge port in dash fried it damaged something in pcm and theres a bulldog chip in it which I cant remove cuz original owner sold the tool over a year or so ago without the chip in it cuz he thought he pulled it out. Lol.could something with pcm and chip got damaged even tho everything else works on dash??

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
The 1219 is a chaffed or broken wire, its pin number 96 on your pcm. a yellow with light blue tracer. runs from the pcm to the idm, if that wire is good then the idm is bad

I am thinking you have harness problems

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
The 1219 is a chaffed or broken wire, its pin number 96 on your pcm. a yellow with light blue tracer. runs from the pcm to the idm, if that wire is good then the idm is bad

I am thinking you have harness problems
Very possible since this truck gets drove down dirt roads and get water and mud splashed up and around it and being 20 yrs old

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I pulled fender well, pcm and idm. Looking at all wires and yellow w/blue tracer, dont see nothing wrong. I'll keep looking tho. Can I put a 99-02 pcm in without flashing and reprogrammed?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Update. I had a guy come over that has a laptop with texa software and he couldn't connect to pcm at all. Is texa a good software. my bdx connects and gets info from pcm but he couldn't get nothing but "no communication".

41 - 54 of 54 Posts