Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on FTE diesels website and saw a Batmo wheel for a 7.3, never saw one before. Are they any good? Better than a WW2? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Batmowheel... Junk. Proven junk.

Looks cool! LOL

Best Compressor wheel on the market IMHO... RiffRaff...

I'd link to it, but the mods like to ban people that link to products.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
ya you can find them a few places. they are 400 bucks too :confused:

X2 on riffraff, love mine.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Better than ww2?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
The RR wheel, WW2 and BD's billet wheel for the stock turbo are all about the same in terms of performance.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
The RR wheel, WW2 and BD's billet wheel for the stock turbo are all about the same in terms of performance.
Do we actually know that or are we still assuming? I have a BD wheel and I like it.
I have a RR wheel on the shelf, its not mine but I could swap it for the sake of testing.
Anyone want to send me a WW2 for 2 weeks?
I have 2 dyno's in the area even, but I'm not sure I could afford that.
I can afford to go to the track 3 times though.....

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Do we actually know that or are we still assuming? I have a BD wheel and I like it.
I have a RR wheel on the shelf, its not mine but I could swap it for the sake of testing.
Anyone want to send me a WW2 for 2 weeks?
I have 2 dyno's in the area even, but I'm not sure I could afford that.
I can afford to go to the track 3 times though.....
They all spool faster, prevent surge, and build a little more boost... So yes we know they are all similar in performance

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
ya i think they are all good too.

i think the ww2 spools faster than the riffraff wheel.

but the riffraff wheel shines up top.

you guys ever get the feeling theres only like 10 of us on here anymore lol

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah it seems like on each forum (94-97) , (99-03) etc have the same guys posting on everything

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
ya i think they are all good too.

i think the ww2 spools faster than the riffraff wheel.

but the riffraff wheel shines up top.

I said that last week man.
That was when I said that I was going to get a 6.0 cause there is always action in their forum.

·
Registered
404 Posts
hey, joel, do you want to borrow my 6.0 so you can go hang out over there? lol ahh, there always crying over there cause their trucks are always broken. 7.3's just for men, lol

·
Registered
778 Posts
I said that last week man.
That was when I said that I was going to get a 6.0 cause there is always action in their forum.
There's a reason there is always activity....lol.

I was under the impression that all the billet wheels were the same just sold by different companies.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
bd and xdp billet wheel is 9 blade. all 9 blades same height.
riffraff is 12 blade, blades alternate heights.
ww2 is 10 blade same alternate design as riffraff.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
i got your back bud :)

·
Registered
37 Posts

I look at this site about every day, along with FTE. I enjoy reading other peoples problems and the amount of knowledge people have on these trucks. I've learned a TON reading, and thankfully I haven't had to put much of anything to use other than a few mods here and there.

Now, with that being said. The one nice thing I like about FTE is, its all in one location for the most part. Anything and everything to do with a 99-03 7.3L is all contained within one thread, whereas this site has it broken down into different sections. But that's just me.

Back in 2005 I bought a L99 F250 CC. That's when I started learning about the 7.3. I sold that truck in 2007 and bought a 2003 cummins 3500 CCD. I had that truck for 2 years then sold it because I had stopped racing. 3 years down the road in 2012 I started racing again and needed another truck. I found a pretty good deal on a '97 F350 CCD with only 153k on it. Perfect condition truck, but I did not like the styling of it. I knew I wanted something newer, was trying to stay around the $12k price range, which put me in the market for a late model 7.3, early 6.0, or 3rd gen Ram.

I love the styling of the fords, but (hate to say it) loved the power and fuel mileage the cummins has but did not like the truck itself, so the search began and I found my 2002 F350 with 130k miles in almost perfect shape for only $10k and haven't regretted it since. This will probably be the last truck I ever own I plan on keeping it that long. Only drive about 5000 miles a year, there is no reason to spend more money on a truck that will do what this one will for a fraction of the price.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts