Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was. It was about 11:00 on a beautiful evening. The moon was shineing bright as the stars seemed to blanket us with a feeling of security. The family and I were sitting at a red light in the diesel when from out of no where pulled up a dirty 2008 crew cab dually F450 diesel. I had just left the stock car / drag race show and thought mmmmmm, wonder what that 6.4 is like. sure am glad I don't own That.
It felt like forever until the light turned GREEN. We both slowly accelerated from a stop and then it happened........just like a switch turned on. You could hear the diesels strokin' faster and faser. We both had the same idea and smashed the gas at the same time but I am ashamed to admit..............he totally walked away from me!. No matter how hard I pushed the go pedal, he was still putting more room between us.
I looked over at my wife and said " I think it's time to phone Jody. I need a dp tuner"

anyone else go up against a 6.4?
I don't know.....maybe somethings wrong with my rig. Something that I didn't notice:dunno:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Never lined up next to a 6.4 but I would love to!

A buddy of mine lined up and also got killed but he has a 94 IDI and hand shaker.

I wouldn't doubt that if it was a tuned 6.4 with a DPF delete, the 7.3 would have no chance. Oh and yes you need a DP-tuner. Your truck has yet to be awakened! You'll have a permanent grin and won't wanna leave the driver's seat! :thumb:

·
Registered
738 Posts
i know the answer...you have a basically stock truck with no chip pushing maybe 200hp to the ground. He's probably got at least 100hp to the wheels more

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah......i knew they would out perform :(
I guess I thought it would be a little closer though

BUT, with Exhaust, guages and dp tuner............then he'll be saying "what happened" :tard:

·
Registered
529 Posts
its been awhile since iv driven or even rode in a stock 7.3 so i dont really know how fast they are but i do know that the new 6.4s are quick right out of the box. when my dad first got his it would beat my 6.0 fairly easy

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
I don't know.....maybe somethings wrong with my rig. Something that I didn't notice:dunno:
I don't see any tuning listed in your sig, so that might be what is "wrong"

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
And it only took you about 20k grand to do it too. lol There is alot of potential in those 6.4l's.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
i know the answer...you have a basically stock truck with no chip pushing maybe 200hp to the ground. He's probably got at least 100hp to the wheels more
That's what I was originally going to say.

·
Registered
96 Posts
my buddy has a 6.0 with 4" exhaust and intake, I can only get him by a couple of trucks to about 80mph. after he gets a tuner I probably won't have a chance. new hpop, idm mod and better exhuast for me and we'll be toe to toe again... I hope or it will lead me to throwing more at mine...lol! the way I see it... my junk is paid for and I didn't spend 60k on it. hell for 1000-1200 a month truck payment... his junk better be faster... you could get a duramax with a couple mods and flat hand it to him though... shoot even stock the new one is 381hp and 660 lb.ft. of torque... but man are they fugly!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
my buddy has a 6.0 with 4" exhaust and intake, I can only get him by a couple of trucks to about 80mph. after he gets a tuner I probably won't have a chance. new hpop, idm mod and better exhuast for me and we'll be toe to toe again... I hope or it will lead me to throwing more at mine...lol!
lol, after your friend gets a tuner on his 6.0, you're only gonna get a new hpop, exhaust, and idm mod and its gonna be even again? If that new hpop and idm put you at or over 400hp, it could be even. Just hope that he lifts a head or something after he puts it on the hot tune, then it should be even :thumb:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
6.4's from the factory are running in the 16's with nothing done.

Your 7.3 is probably a mid 17 to 18 second truck like mine was.

·
Registered
672 Posts
i beat a southern comfort 6.4 not too long ago pretty badly... guessin he had 2 be all stock. tuned w/ sct, im guessin he would get me though. i wonder how close that race would be?... sct tuned 6.0 vs sct tuned 6.4

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Our company truck is a 08 6.4 4x4 same body configuration as my truck and I am not impressed at all with it, It has about 10,000 miles on it now and we drive it out of state a few times a month and I wouldn't think twice about lining up to a 6.4 after being behind the wheel of this one so much...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts