Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, new guy here from canada. i want to know why ford stop making the 7.3 powerstroke. iv'e heard nothing but negitive things about the 6L. am i wrong or is it true.that been said i know that the 7.3 has it share of problems. but is it better than the 6L. i currently use my rigs as a concrete truck that carries a 1.25 c.u meter mixer.

fito

·
Premium Member
4,936 Posts
hey guys, new guy here from canada. i want to know why ford stop making the 7.3 powerstroke. iv'e heard nothing but negitive things about the 6L. am i wrong or is it true.that been said i know that the 7.3 has it share of problems. but is it better than the 6L. i currently use my rigs as a concrete truck that carries a 1.25 c.u meter mixer.

fito
They quit making the 7.3 because of emission requirements.
There are plenty of people around here that havent had any issues with their 6.0

·
Registered
741 Posts
Are you referring to the 6.0 or 6.4L ? The 6.0 seems to be a hit or miss. You either get one that runs great or one that will drive you banana's & break your bank. From what little I have read about the 6.4 it is a much better engine. And a twin turbo baby!!! Its too bad they stopped making the 7.3. One of the best engines ever IMO.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
They quit making the 7.3 because of emission requirements.
There are plenty of people around here that havent had any issues with their 6.0
Welcome to the org. And yes like he said. The 7.3 pushes emissions like a freight train. The 6.0 was there answer to the new emissions regulations but IMHO it was rushed to market to compete with the Dmax . the 2006 6.0's seem to be the best. I don't know anyone that owns a 6.4 .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.