Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 7.3 it has a 3in down pipe to a 3.5in straight pipe. It has an old edge tuner on it that came with the truck not sure what it is. I am looking to do some performance upgrades and don't know what to start with. I was thinking about doing an e-fuel system so that I could put bigger injectors later. I have also thought about an intercooler for it. Anyone have some advice.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Welcome!

A lot probably depends on what your plans for the truck are (daily driver, towing/hauling, street performance, etc.). If you have an automatic transmission, it can be a weak point when adding power, so don't forget to address that when planning what to upgrade! If it doesn't have an intake, you might consider that. Stay away from the K&N filters as they do not adequately filter the air on these trucks. The e-fuel is a good thing to do. One thing to consider is getting a decent set of gauges to monitor things. The basic ones to get would be transmission temp, pyrometer (EGT), and boost. Some folks go with using a monitor system instead of regular gauges (or they do both). You might want to discuss things with someone like @[email protected] (a sponsor here) as he would have some good options depending on your plans/budget, etc. Read a lot and develop a plan before just diving in! My personal (just me!) list would be:

Gauges
Intake and downpipe
EBPV-delete turbo pedestal and exhaust outlet
KC Turbos 94.5-03 7.3L S300 Turbine/Billet Wheel Kit
GARRETT QUICK SPOOL TP38 TURBO AR HOUSING (1.0 or .84)
E-Fuel
Custom Chip/Tuner
Intercooler
Upgraded Transmission Cooler
Upgraded Torque Converter and Valve Body for the transmission

Cheers!

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is an automatic. The truck will be my daily driver but I also want it to have a lot of power. It already has intake down pipe and gauges. I like your list what do you think I should start with. The truck has 207,000 and as far as I can tell transmission is still healthy. I understand with it being an automatic it is a weak point.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I would go probably with trans cooler, then e-fuel, then all the turbo items. You would probably want to talk to someone more knowledgeable than me on the Quick Spool AR sizing for the turbo depending on intercooler (or not), use, injectors, etc. Cheers!

·
Vendor
13,104 Posts
I would go probably with trans cooler, then e-fuel, then all the turbo items. You would probably want to talk to someone more knowledgeable than me on the Quick Spool AR sizing for the turbo depending on intercooler (or not), use, injectors, etc. Cheers!
Thanks for the help
We have all that stuff in stock. We have been extremely busy, but if you call and don't get someone, please leave a voicemail. We will get back to you as soon as we can. 419-980-5371

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts