Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, my first post. Please forgive me if this has been covered. I did a quick search and am still figuring out the site, but didnt find anything similar.

I was driving home from work tonight and noticed my a/c smelled like fuel. I was about 3/4 of a mile away from the house so I continued home to find a nice stream of fuel falling to the ground under the motor. I scrambled to find my headlamp and something to stand on in the garage, and by the time I made it back out there it had stopped. I popped the hood, noticed fuel splashed all over everything (expected that) and looked around for what I thought might be the problem. Ended up turning the key over - nothing. Started the truck, and right away saw fuel spewing and spitting out of the top of the motor. After all this, a small nut, half to 3/4 inch, was spotted under the glow plug replay I believe, that clearly had the end of a bolt or something threaded still in it that had broken off.

Aside from the bolt I didnt see any parts that looked out of place or broken, but it was midnight and I was only using a small headlamp. I will try to take a photo of the area tonight, but will certainly get one when the sun is out in the morning. I have a feeling this is really bad opposed to just not good, but really have no idea.

I would love and appreciate all insight. I hope I have provided enough info to at least get the idea across. Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts