Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody please recommend a good chip that will add horsepower and smoke to my 7.3 without breaking the bank?

·
Super Moderator
12,908 Posts
you will fine that most people on his forum look down on smoke.

as for a chip look at a TS chip with custom tunes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont want to just rool coal everywhere i go. just sometimes. ive seen a lot of TS chips on the internet but ive heard that the only good one come from tony wildman. is that true

·
Registered
750 Posts
You will get mixed feelings on all tuners but from what I have had experience with tony wildman he does a very good job! But you have Matt at Gearhead automotive,Beans,swamps diesel,php,Dp tuner which only tunes there own chips and I'm sure I'm forgetting some others!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
You will get mixed feelings on all tuners but from what I have had experience with tony wildman he does a very good job! But you have Matt at Gearhead automotive,Beans,swamps diesel,php,Dp tuner which only tunes there own chips and I'm sure I'm forgetting some others!

:agree:

And say NO to smoking:rofl:

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Some custom tuners will not write a smoke tune.

·
Super Moderator
12,908 Posts
i like TW but he is the only tuner i have used

·
Registered
750 Posts
Some custom tuners will not write a smoke tune.
I was think that they had all shy'd away from smoke tunes but wasn't sure!

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I think some will still write one for you, but some won't even do that.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Most all tuners have stopped making tunes specificly to smoke.... If you really want it to smoke you can stick a few tires in the cab and light it on fire

·
Super Moderator
12,908 Posts
Most all tuners have stopped making tunes specificly to smoke.... If you really want it to smoke you can stick a few tires in the cab and light it on fire
:rofl::thumb:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hey now that sounds like a party to me!! Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im on the tony wildman site and it has a smoke tune that you can choose. ill choose that one , daily, heavy tow, extreme, street race and economy. and why does everyone think rolling coal is so terrible? Enlighten me.

·
Registered
346 Posts
^^^ gives a bad rep for diesels, and just gives an excuse basically for the epa to try to make some states or all states harder on emissions bs... hope thats basically the just fellas I'm typing this as I'm bout to fall asleep

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
It gives the prius drivers more ammo to use against us... thus the new requirements from the epa for diesel emissions/ egr systems/ dpf systems.... on and on!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
It makes you look like a tool bag who thinks that dumping excessive amounts of fuel with small amounts of air, running very high EGTs, washing down cylinders, and "making big power" is cool.

·
Registered
750 Posts
It has caused a lot of the new emission stuff they are putting on all of the new trucks and they say it's bad for planet and things like that and plus you have a lot of guys smoking out people in the middle of town and plus it makes the sport look bad if they think all we do is roll coal every where we go but that's just a few things I can think of to help ya understand why.

·
Registered
840 Posts
yeah dont do it. and the OBS guys here are pretty chill but if youd posted that in like the newer model truck forums this thread would be closed by now. just because it is a tune designed to make the truck smoke doesnt mean it wont hurt the motor. Youll wash the cylinders down with the fuel that isnt burnt up, itll screw things up. just something to think about... as for tunes, like any custom tunes on a ts chip are good to go with as far as i know

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Lol that's so true:rofl:

If this was in a SD thread. People are on the edge there lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 28 Posts