Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
Nope never built a real racer. Just always stuck to street strip action. You're right, a real racer is way out of my league. At least my available cash league anyway. The main point I was getting at was a lot of diesel owners throw a new turbo, injectors, and tunes at an engine and think they have a super truck. Truth is they've only created a ticking time bomb. When the clock runs out the engine self destructs. It's just a matter of how bad then.
A forged rod 7.3 can handle 450-500 HP pretty easily without any internal engine mods. Monitoring your egts and all the other vital signs, along with proper mantinace is key to getting it to last.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
A forged rod 7.3 can handle 450-500 HP pretty easily without any internal engine mods. Monitoring your egts and all the other vital signs, along with proper mantinace is key to getting it to last.
probably....but I'd still bet on the "stock" 7.3 as far as reliability for hundreds of thousands of miles.

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
probably....but I'd still bet on the "stock" 7.3 as far as reliability for hundreds of thousands of miles.
Maybe but who could stand driving hundreds of thousands of miles in a stock 7.3? I certainly wouldn't, way to slow.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts