Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 2001 7.3 with an auto tranny and I was wondering if an sct sf3 programmer would work on my truck. I don't want anything extremely crazy. Iwould like a programmer that plugs into the diagnostic slot, not a chip that plugs into pcm. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Curious why you would rather have a programer over a chip? A chip is far better, in every way.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just seem a little simpler and heard programmers have less of a chance of messing something up, unlessthat's not true. That's why I'm asking! Thanks

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Just seem a little simpler and heard programmers have less of a chance of messing something up, unlessthat's not true. That's why I'm asking! Thanks
The programing on a programer is much more generic for the most part. A chip has more access to the PCM, and can be more easily tuned for your particular mods...

I would look into the Power Hungry Performance Hydra chip... Best option on the market. Take some time and read this link...

Power Hungry Performance - Hydra Chip

Reactions: turbo7_three

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
i agree with csipsd.

do some reading, a chip from a custom tuner is the way to go

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thabks guys, so I would be safe with a chip? No codes or anything thrown at me? I just don't want to screw up the pcm

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Chip is exceedingly easy to install...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Does the power hungry chip adjust tranny shift points as well?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Yes...........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts