Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
We're all here to help man. Ask away and surely someone can at the least get you pointed in a direction. I'm just glad we figured out what truck you got haha.
Ok so #1 my front left low beam doesn’t work and the light is good. Also someone put in after market halo lights and they don’t work either and I’m trying to get them too both work. Number #2 I have a terrible oil leak my whole under carriage is black. And I think it’s coming from the seal above the oil pan but it’s everyone

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
For your #1 question. How good are you at troubleshooting electrical? Get a wiring diagram and first see if you have power going into the headlights when they are on. For your #2 question. I would look for oil in the valley of the engine first. The valley is the area on top of the engine between the heads and under the turbo and intake manifold. Look under the turbo and see if there is oil there. If there is your leak is most likely something on the top of the engine and it is leading down the drain hole that is under the turbo in the valley.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
For your #1 question. How good are you at troubleshooting electrical? Get a wiring diagram and first see if you have power going into the headlights when they are on. For your #2 question. I would look for oil in the valley of the engine first. The valley is the area on top of the engine between the heads and under the turbo and intake manifold. Look under the turbo and see if there is oil there. If there is your leak is most likely something on the top of the engine and it is leading down the drain hole that is under the turbo in the valley.
Yea idk how to trouble shoot wiring or how to see if it’s getting power. But I will look for oil under the turbo tomorrow. I know the one side of my valve covers has oil puddles on it

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yea idk how to trouble shoot wiring or how to see if it’s getting power. But I will look for oil under the turbo tomorrow. I know the one side of my valve covers has oil puddles on it
Puddles ON the valve cover or between them. Between the valve covers, under all the wiring and solenoids is the valley of the engine. If the turbo pedestal or HPOP and associated o-rings are leaking it'll pool up in the valley and then run down the back of the engine coming out either behind the starter or out of the flywheel dust cover. Your best course of action, if you're going to try and diagnose it yourself, is to get some simple green degreaser and degrease the valley and carefully wash it out and let it dry. Then grab a good flashlight and start it up to look for leaks.

For your headlight issue...IMO take those halo's and throw them in the trash. Go to the junkyard and get yourself a set of stock headlights and buy GOOD 55 watt bulbs for them. If you're wanting actually diagnose your halo lights you're going to need at least a basic automotive test light and learn how to use it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Puddles ON the valve cover or between them. Between the valve covers, under all the wiring and solenoids is the valley of the engine. If the turbo pedestal or HPOP and associated o-rings are leaking it'll pool up in the valley and then run down the back of the engine coming out either behind the starter or out of the flywheel dust cover. Your best course of action, if you're going to try and diagnose it yourself, is to get some simple green degreaser and degrease the valley and carefully wash it out and let it dry. Then grab a good flashlight and start it up to look for leaks.

For your headlight issue...IMO take those halo's and throw them in the trash. Go to the junkyard and get yourself a set of stock headlights and buy GOOD 55 watt bulbs for them. If you're wanting actually diagnose your halo lights you're going to need at least a basic automotive test light and learn how to use it.
Yes it’s just the pass after side valve covers have puddles and the oil don’t leak when it idles or if it does I can’t even notice. And throw them in the trash 😂😂

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
How much wrenching experience do you have. If we say HPOP (High Pressure Oil Pump) do you know what we are talking about? if not look over the 98-99.5 DIT book and the 99.5 DIT Coffee Table Books - Diesel Technician Society . This will give you the basic knowledge of the engine and components.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Also where are you located. Someone may be around that can help you troubleshoot.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts