Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just want to know if my truck has been deleted or not. My friend asked me if I have put def in it which I had no idea at the time what that was. I said that I have been driving it for over 6 months and have never put any in it. So he thinks it’s deleted. Any help?

·
Hate stupid people
8,587 Posts
7.3 powerstrokes don't take DEF.
7.3 powerstrokes only "delete" for them would be muffler and or Cat. depending on how old your truck is and where is produced from.

·
Super Moderator
19,655 Posts
@ consumer levels, diesel vehicles didn't need to use Diesel Exhaust Fluid until the 2011 year models, regardless of truck brand. The 7.3L-equipped Fords ran from '94 through '03, so these engines are not equipped to carry or use DEF.

Your friend had a valid question, but now you know for yourself and how to answer him.

Regarding "Deleted" - that means different things depending on year model. It could be as simple as what @CloverLeafFarm said, all the way up to removing things on the engine to removing the factory exhaust. (Simplified answer) Actually more involved, but you get the idea.

Reactions: Hydro

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
7.3 powerstrokes don't take DEF.
7.3 powerstrokes only "delete" for them would be muffler and or Cat. depending on how old your truck is and where is produced from.
When I got it it had stacks on it and a cold air intake and it always throws a EGR code so I think they had it removed but I’m not sure

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
It doesn't have a EGR either.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Any chance you have a 6.0 and don't know it?

·
Administrator
22,253 Posts
He claims he has an 03

·
Registered
617 Posts
Just making sure and eliminating all possibilities. No offense but you aren't seeming very knowledgeable on the powerstroke platform asking if a 7.3 is deleted and then finding a code for an EGR on it. I promise I'm not trying to throw any shade or agitate just trying to cover simple bases.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just making sure and eliminating all possibilities. No offense but you aren't seeming very knowledgeable on the powerstroke platform asking if a 7.3 is deleted and then finding a code for an EGR on it. I promise I'm not trying to throw any shade or agitate just trying to cover simple bases.
I understand I’m just learning what I can about it since I just got it. I think it said EGR but I don’t remember I think it said something like intake air heater A circuit low then intake air temperature sensor 1 circuit high bank 1

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
He claims he has an 03

03 was the split year. some were 7.3 and some were 6.0. He could have a 6.0. Did the 03 6.0 have an EGR though?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
03 was the split year. some were 7.3 and some were 6.0. He could have a 6.0. Did the 03 6.0 have an EGR though?
Yes all 6.0s came with EGR.

Reactions: cletusjermal

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
What do 7.3s have that are noticeable?

7.3 had the degas bottle (antifreeze overflow) on top of the fan. From what I saw online the 6.0 doesn't have that. Or just post a pic of your engine bay and we will tell you. Also looks like alternator on driver side of engine vs passenger.

For the 6.0 guys is that correct about the overflow?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
View attachment 772173

7.3 had the degas bottle (antifreeze overflow) on top of the fan. From what I saw online the 6.0 doesn't have that. Or just post a pic of your engine bay and we will tell you. Also looks like alternator on driver side of engine vs passenger.

View attachment 772174

For the 6.0 guys is that correct about the overflow?
Mine looks just like the first pic so it’s 7.3 thanks for the help I also have 2 other problems if you don’t mind me asking for more help.

·
Registered
617 Posts
We're all here to help man. Ask away and surely someone can at the least get you pointed in a direction. I'm just glad we figured out what truck you got haha.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts