Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few minutes ago I just pulled in from about a 400 mile road trip in my '01 7.3 Excursion. When I pulled in the driveway, I gave it a couple rev's and noticed a rumble/deep vibration that felt like it was coming from under the seat. Almost feels similar to what a worn carrier bearing for the driveshaft feels like, but a deeper rumble and more noticeable. I didn't notice this rumble when on the road trip today, only when I pulled in the driveway and revved it. The only thing that comes to mind is motor mounts, but I feel like I would have noticed that on the trip today. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just went and took the truck for a drive around the block again. I noticed that when I shift into reverse, the truck feels like it squats down to the rear driver side by a noticeable amount. This definitely wasn't there previously. Could that mean something wrong with the motor mounts/transmission crossmember?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.