Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get a 7.3 because there cheaper in my area. and I am wondering what needs to be done to put 500 rwp to the wheels? maybe even 400 just enough to get in trouble with the law man but streetable. money is never a issue just a obstacle to overcome. and humor me what about 600.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
air intake
exhaust
HPOP
injectors

and don't forget about the tranny. with all that power, your tranny will go by by really quick

·
Registered
521 Posts
Oil, Air, Fuel. Then a Tranny.

Oil- A larger HPOP- or twins
Air- Larger Turbo
Fuel- Bigger sticks

Tans- If you have an auto, you'll be rebuiling it soon.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats another when did ford drop the E4OD and go with the 4r100? and also I know I am asking alot. what are the differances between the 94-97ish pre superduty trucks other than body and frame like engine wise? is there a comparison?

·
Registered
521 Posts
They came out with the 4R100 in 99. Esintally the same tranny, just a few more sensors in the 4R100.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
400 hp is doable but it will take some work and money, 500 is also doable but it will take a lot more. I'd guess at $10,000+ for parts. 600hp is probably possible but by that point it wouldn’t be recognizable as a Powerstroke any more. Now around 350 or so could be done for around $1,000 and be very reliable and street-able. Taking a wild guess I’d estimate mine at around 380hp with my mods.
My early 99 came with the 4r100.

OBS engine and superduty engine is basically the same, differences are in the turbo, innercooler, injectors, etc. If your talking about HP in the 500-600 range then it wouldn’t matter cause you’ll be replacing all the bolt on parts that would be different anyways.
One thing to consider is the rods, somewhere around 01 they went with rods that can’t hold over 400hp.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Built tranny
H2E
Hybrids
CPR x fuel system
head studs
custom tunes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts