Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got an 02 7.3 powerstroke a few. Ugh ya ago he told me it needed a idm but after I went and looked and finally got the truck to crank it ran great and he really didn't no what he was talkin about much like myself. I have replaced the ipc and cps but truck still wants to suddenly die while driving and another trick it started a little whole ago is it will now idle but won't hardly let me rev it just sputters. What's rong woth my truck?! Help plz

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
WELCOME TO THE ORG !!! Clean oil? Right oil at proper level? Clean fuel and filter? Water in fuel? Proper fuel pressure / good strong pump? Loose or chaffed valve cover / injector wiring harness? Loose or chaffed Injector Driver Module harness (IDM inside driver fender well)? Good luck...

Reactions: Buff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be the wiring under valve cover I guess i don't no why I put the new sensor in and it caused this tho

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
may not be the new sensor causing it, but something else wiggled loose along the way.

Reactions: Buff

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Not likely the new sensor, but something else wiggled loose or chaffed along the way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree after continuously messing with it I got it running a and drove 15 miles no issues but left it in the driveway idling suddenly once again it's like ilyou cut the key truck started right back up tho. I do notice when it is running it doesn't sound quite right tho. I left it sitting for awhile and came back started it and same thing sputters and sputters until I cut it off and start it 20 times and the engine gets warm then it seems to rub decent still doesn't sound correct tho. I'm leaning twards injector harnesses what do you all think?? Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
is there a performance chip in your truck. if so unplug it from the pcm. ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've already done that man it has a TS THATS it. I don't no what to do in thinkin possible and idm now I wish I new someone that had one I could barrow to rule that out

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've already done that man it has a TS THATS it. I don't no what to do in thinkin possible and idm now I wish I new someone that had one I could barrow to rule that out
Do you know any one who has a diagnostic scanner?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well he said it was throwing a idk code which I cannot get to come up only code I have is one saying there are codes in my idm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I no I sound dumb right now but i grew up in cummins trucks. So if idm codes are detected would you bet it's bad or I have to find a way to read those to find my issue? Sorry I'm so dumb with these things and thanks for the help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts