Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999.5 f250 7.3L
Had massive oil leak probably 16in diameter in 10 mins after shutting off. Valley completely full leaking down threw to oil pan. Basically fresh undercoated the truck lol.Just replace turbo pedestal O rings top and lower. Leak isn’t as bad but valley is full so I’m sure it’ll end up being just as bad. Shock to what else it could be HPOP doesn’t look to bad. Maybe the pedestal itself need replaced ? Maybe HPOP lines ? Lost any helpers! Please help

·
Premium Member
9,229 Posts
Here's an interesting video, BUT I have to warn you about this guy,,,, he makes some Good Videos, that Does NOT make him infallible. He's got some really GOOFY theories (not about this though) So, don't take him as your Guru, as many do :( Confirm his advice on anything else he says 😉

·
Premium Member
11,042 Posts
There is a chance the pedestal o ring didn't seat and got cut when tightening the pedestal down. Seen it a dozen times at least. There is also the chance you pressed on a hpop line and or end fitting and one of the internal o-rings failed (many go with cnc fabs hpop lines way simpler design).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The o rings didn’t move I sat straight down on top and started all screw to pedestal lifted straight up and they were seated correctly then I went straight back down and snugged them. All the oil is coming from back near turbo nothing is sitting up from by HPOP I’m wondering if actuator to waste gate is leaking see the build up oil like it’s coming out of the actuator for wastegate think that could be it ? I bought truck 3 weeks ago as a little project and get around truck love it just want the oil to stop leaking thoughts ?

·
Premium Member
20,002 Posts
First thing to do it get all the oil out of the valley. Clean everything as well as possible. Once that is done, get up over the engine, as safely as possible, with a light of choice, then have someone start the truck. When running, look around for the leak so you can figure out what's causing it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do thanks for all your guys input actually will use knowledge to help determine my issue. I’ll try the things I’ve read from you guys if I figure it out I’ll be sure to let you guys know the issue ASAP cleaning tips and tricks without removing anything or remove and then put back together and run it ?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
The O ring you are pointing at. Is that the only one on the pedestal? There should be another one in that other hole.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The O ring you are pointing at. Is that the only one on the pedestal? There should be another one in that other hole.
No, I replaced all four top and bottom the picture was one I took in the process I was pointing at the o ring housing to send picture to brother in law I was using the picture to show the wastegate actuator are actuators prone to leak I wouldn’t think so but the out build up at the base of it makes me think it could be seeping threw it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pretty sure it’s just my entire pedestal ordered all new rings and turbo mounting kit going to install the upgraded valve covers while it’s tore apart. If it leaks after that in the valley I’ll know it’s a HPOP line or HPOP itself oh well 22 year old truck mine as well just upgrade everything while I can

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think your EBV valve blew or split the diaphragm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What I was thinking also I ordered completely new pedastal from riff raff and just got after market HPOP lines as well I already have the after market valve covers so might as well do it all at one then if it still leaks in the valley obviously has to be HPOP but all the oil is in back by turbo so thinking after all is replaced should be good thanks for your intel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts