Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

I just put a wonderful 7.3 on the road. It's a '99 F-250, reg cab, long bed. I have a 1500 pound welder generator mounted inside the box. I added two extra springs on each side in the back. She sits nice.

I'm having major fuel mileage issues. For 130-140 litres of diesel, I'm barely getting 400 kilometers per full tank of fuel.

Mind you, I deleted the muffler (four inch pipe all the way down), and installed an Air Raid cold air intake. The previous owner told me that I should be getting 800 kilometers plus in the winter, and a thousand kilometers plus in the summer months.

Something ain't right. I don't know what to do.

FYI, I just changed all glow plugs, glow plug relay, valve cover gaskets, and block heater.

If you dudes have any advice, I'm all ears.
What type of mileage should I be getting?

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
woah.......thats about 7miles per gallon, i get about 15mpg with a 99 Extended cab long bed. So a little over 900 kilometers on 38 gallons of fuel (143liters) a little less in the winter like now.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Well, how do you drive it? How fast? How much idling? What RPMs do you run?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
WelderDude, where are you located?
Thats pretty bad mileage

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm getting 16.5 in a sclb with a 4 inch lift and that's letting it run for 5-10 min in morning before I leave,avg 30 mile trip to work or store.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Your mileage is about half of what it should be... I think you have a massive boost leak somewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts