Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
What size are you looking for that might narrow it down a bit!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
750 Posts
Well I'd say you will be looking at some 238cc or bigger hybrids for that if you just went with stage 2's rosewood diesel has a budget deal for like $850 I believe and that's prolly the way I go after I get mine paid off..

·
Registered
750 Posts
For stage 2's you could prolly run what you have as long as you have exhaust,gauges,intake that kind of stuff..but a turbo and fuel system would help them a lot! But I'm sure there are a lot of guys on here that can help you fine tune it..I'd just say figure out what your budget is and what cc injector you want! But I will help anyway I can!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks and I just looked those injectors up and it would need a custom tuner. I have a sct tuner so that should work right?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yea it will work but you would need to get ahold of someone and get them to send you some custom tunes I know tony wildman does them for sct and I know dp tuner does to but you just have to email them and ask them about there tunes for what you want!

·
Registered
750 Posts
But you would really like a 6 position chip for switching on the fly! Just figured I'd throw that out there!

·
Registered
750 Posts
My dad has one from there on his 7.3 and it has custom tunes and it runs very well! But they can tune or bigger injectors also!

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Stage 2 singles are NOT going to produce 200whp by themselves.. you'll need supporting mods.. filter, exhaust, tranny mods (depending on how much hp you wanna make), etc. Plus, you will need custom tunes.

how much hp/tq do you plan to make, and what will be your main purpose of the truck?

·
Registered
750 Posts
A good hpop is gonna make a big difference on what kinda power he makes and plus with however many miles he has on his stock one

Sent from my DROID X2

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
A good hpop is gonna make a big difference on what kinda power he makes and plus with however many miles he has on his stock one

Sent from my DROID X2

I agree that hpop health matters... but if he's doing hybrids, the stock hpop will be fine. If he's doing straight stage II's, he will probably want something a bit bigger. Running an AE scan will tell the quality of his hpop which will help out in this determination.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
What do you have already?

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have a set of stage 2's full force 160cc/100% single shots for sale. they run great! they have 11,500 miles on them. im going bigger to be more competitive in 2.6 class. let me know if ya want them. call or text me at 815 291 7911

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Sorry, not just injectors, but all over. Upgraded HPOP, fuel system of any kind, intake, exhuast, gauges, custom tunes?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts