Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new here and was hoping I could find some answers, couldn't find a thread pertaining to this specific scenario. Working on a 2002 excursion with a 7.3 fresh rebuild on the engine have been weeding out small problems and I think I'm getting close. Wouldn't build icp past about 30 psi, took off valve covers and immediate saw that injector #6 was flooding oil from the base, removed injector, all seals still looked good but bought a seal kit and put all new again, reinstalled, pressured up to about 250 icp and went right back to leaking. All new injector cups but using the old injectors and old valve cover harnesses, had about 350k before rebuild. Planning to swap #6 with another and see what that will show me but thought I'd try checking here, sorry to be so long winded, anything helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just wanted to give a conclusion, swapped #6 injector with 4 and sure enough same injector started pouring oil from the base right after about 250 psi icp. Number 4 had no problem sealing up in the number six spot. New injector-- problem fixed

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Just wanted to give a conclusion, swapped #6 injector with 4 and sure enough same injector started pouring oil from the base right after about 250 psi icp. Number 4 had no problem sealing up in the number six spot. New injector-- problem fixed
Post pictures of the beast (truck not wife,)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts