Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my truck has decided to have a gremlin I or no one else has been able to figure out. I've searched the forums and found guys have had similar problems, but there was never a post saying how they fixed it. So my truck was having an issue building boost past 15 lbs. So after resealing the plenums and new bellowed uppipes. I found it was actually my 6 month old filter was clogged. Changed that to discover I had another issue. My truck will build boost to about 25 and once it shifts it will instantly drop to 15 and I can get anything more out of it. It only does this at full thouttle. If I go about half throuttle it will build boost fine but as soon as I push it to the floor it instantly drops to 15-17lbs. It will do this thru all the gears but 1st. My last pull about a month ago, I broke a driveshaft and didn't notice til I was driving home that my transmission wiring fell onto my front driveshaft. I repaired all the wires with solder and heat shrink.
Ok now for what I've tried t resolve the issue, there is new oil and filter, fuel filter, fuel pump, icp, ipr, map sensor and iat manifold sensor. I have swapted the throuttle postioning sensor and speed sensor off my brothers early 99 and tried a pcm out of a 2000. I have checked voltage to both the pedal and map sensor. We have hooked my truck up to a motus and watched the numbers. My oil pressure right around 2800-2900. I don't have a ebpv and the tube goin to the ebp sensor has been blown apart for close to a year now with no problem. I have not got any check engine lights this whole time. I have a pull Saturday and have to atleast hook to get 2nd in points this season so id like to get this figured out asap. Please help a follow 7.3 guy out.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also have a boost fooler from strictly I've adjusted and changed nothing.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truck almost feels like its defueling but smokes like crazy when the boost drops. I have a fuel pressure gauge and I hol 65 at idil and around 40-45 wot

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more thing as I'm just trying to give as much info as possible. I hve tried both my chips nd ran ir without one and it doesn't change anything

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Morning bump

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
repost this into general discussion man... you aren't gonna get any hits in this section of the forum.

It def sounds like its defueling tho or limping out....

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can a mod move this?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
would probably be faster to just repost it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts