Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Trucks + Mods = Life
360 Posts
I just bought a 7.3 IDI (1993). the guy said the new fuel lines needed to be bled... bled the fuel lines and it still will not start. It will crank over and it acts like it wants to start... even spraying ether (yes, I know this is very bad for them), it will not start. Now, it is about 30 degrees right now and I know they are cold blooded. But I do not know what else to check for before I spend too much money.
It sounds like your engine isn't getting any fuel. What I would do is crack a fuel line on top of one of the injectors and crank it, see how much fuel comes out. I would check each fuel line on top of the injectors just to know for sure. If you don't have much fuel coming out it's either your filter, clogged strainer within the fuel tank, lift pump, or injection pump. It could even be as simple as an air leak somewhere but I doubt it because the engine would still start. Hope this helps!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.