Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm a in school to become a diesel mechanic I know what I'm talking about.

The cylinder walls glaze due to the rings not having the higher combustion pressures from being under load pushing them outward. This allows the rings and cylinders and oil to all rub each other until they are happy and polished . This glaze is a bunch of combustion by product embedded in the walls from the lack of scraping by the rings.

A couple of hours probly wont hurt it. It happens a lot in big rigs. Guys leave their engines idling all night to keep the cab warm little do they know theyre ruining their engine. Hey think what you want, if your planning on letting it idle for more then 5 hours or so bump up the idle.

·
scuffs *****
5,270 Posts

The cylinder walls glaze due to the rings not having the higher combustion pressures from being under load pushing them outward. This allows the rings and cylinders and oil to all rub each other until they are happy and polished . This glaze is a bunch of combustion by product embedded in the walls from the lack of scraping by the rings.

A couple of hours probly wont hurt it. It happens a lot in big rigs. Guys leave their engines idling all night to keep the cab warm little do they know theyre ruining their engine. Hey think what you want, if your planning on letting it idle for more then 5 hours or so bump up the idle.
I still think your a :tard:

·
scuffs *****
5,270 Posts

So I'm guessing you "accidently" left that part out in your first post?

And I'm guessing you also forgot that NONE of us are dumb enough to let our POV idle for 5 hours?

Pick a different school homeboy.

Another thing, you don't think 17:1 compression is enough to keep the rings sealed? You know at higher RPM compression goes down right?

·
Registered
102 Posts
sounds like someones having a bad day

:dunno:

just trying to help a buddy out not trying to offend anyone.

·
scuffs *****
5,270 Posts
sounds like someones having a bad day

:dunno:

just trying to help a buddy out not trying to offend anyone.
yeah im having a real bad day, and you should try to get things straight before you give info.

·
Registered
102 Posts
yeah im having a real bad day, and you should try to get things straight before you give info.
Yeah your right I should have explained it in my first post

I'm diggin' those stacks, I'm planning on stackin my 02 pretty soon :thumb:

·
scuffs *****
5,270 Posts
Whose calling ME joe dirt?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

I'm pretty sure I have heard this before on Trucks, back when Stacy still hosted it. Went through the rings on the cylinders and how they worked and why they lasted so long.

Guess you can also tell by looking at the main bearings, for pitting and flaking. Just what I have heard. I have never pulled them on a diesel.

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
DUMB STATEMENT ^

I've been a Master Plumber for 10 years and plumbing for 20...so I guess you could say I'm still in school too. GUESS WHAT????? I STILL DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT PLUMBING. And guess what else????? Some of the Master Plumbers I studied under did not know everything either.

·
scuffs *****
5,270 Posts
what are you saying i was calling you Joe? im sorry but i would not insult my truck by calling you Joe!
Looks like you need a vacation....:doh:
I've been a Master Plumber for 10 years and plumbing for 20...so I guess you could say I'm still in school too. GUESS WHAT????? I STILL DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT PLUMBING. And guess what else????? Some of the Master Plumbers I studied under did not know everything either.
:hehe::hehe::hehe: OWNED

·
scuffs *****
5,270 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was trying to say that I was confident with my answer. Not trying to sound like a know it all.

·
scuffs *****
5,270 Posts
I was trying to say that I was confident with my answer what. Not trying to sound like a know it all.
You were confident with a wrong answer?:dunno:

21 - 40 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.