Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend with a 2000 f250. Its a 6 speed, 4wd, reg cab. This morning he went out and went to start it and it just cranked over and over. it wouldnt even stumble. Upon further investigation, he found a wire behind the fuel filter housing that is burned. He says the truck sounds like its not getting and fuel. anyone have any similar problems?

·
Registered
473 Posts
i don't know what that wire is, but if it's burnt you should look into that. it could be hazardous for you, and your rig.

·
assistant director
1,053 Posts
might be the camshaft position sensor if the tach doesnt move when you crank it

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
My money is on the CPS. Like said about check to see if the tach moves or not

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet. im looking into that right now. we trailered it behind my cummins :wink[3]: to my garage to check it out. im heading over now, gonna look into the cps, ive done a few of those thus far in my diesel mechanic years, they just usually fail differently from what ive seen. thanks for the insight, ill let u guys know :thumb:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
If the wire to the fuel bowl is burned then it is very likley a short circuited fuel bowl heater which I am told is on the same fuse as the PCM and will keep the truck from starting. Unplug the wire, replace fuse if blown and attempt to start. If that is not working then I am jumping on the CPS band wagon!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
that wire is part of a bundle of 3 wires, 2 go to the fuel bowl heater, the 3rd goes to the fuel pressure sensor on the side of the fuel bowl. if the computer isn't getting a signal from that sensor, the engine won't start. i know this cuz i had it happened to me a few months back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts