Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m planning on adding the 7.3 clutch to my 06 powerstroke. I’m looking for anyone’s experience with the BPD air to oil cooler in a hot desert climate. I live in az and towing my toy hauler I was hitting the mid 240s going up hill to the flagstaff area wasn’t pushing the truck hard at all. Just thinking that’s kinda high. Does the 7.3 help greatly here or not worth the money? Don’t really care for blue wire so not looking for info on that

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
I’m planning on adding the 7.3 clutch to my 06 powerstroke. I’m looking for anyone’s experience with the BPD air to oil cooler in a hot desert climate. I live in az and towing my toy hauler I was hitting the mid 240s going up hill to the flagstaff area wasn’t pushing the truck hard at all. Just thinking that’s kinda high. Does the 7.3 help greatly here or not worth the money? Don’t really care for blue wire so not looking for info on that
What is hitting mid 240s? Engine or oil or both?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I have the 7.3 clutch in mine and temps stay around 200 for both. I have an issue where when I ride on the beach my oil starts going up into the 220 range. Although I believe my issue is just the fact that I am going slow and not enough air is flowing through. Not sure but I'm not happy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts