Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 7.3 4 door short bed truck and my friend has a 04 6.0 4 door short bed. Im wanting to buy just the cat back part of his 5" exhaust. Everything under the trucks looks the same im just wondering if i can put the catback on my truck??
Anyone tried it or know how to mod the exhaust to work if it wont???
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Your truck probably doesn't have a cat on it. And if it does, it really isn't necessary.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No my truck has the stock exhaust now with muffler and cat delete. Im gonan buy a 4 inch down pipe for my truck but im wanting to buy his catback setup with no cat on it and just bolt it to my downpipe. Im jw is the catback from an 04 6.0 the same as my 02 7.3 catback?? the only difference in our truck is his has the 6.0 and mine is 7.3.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Everything should be about the same. Hell, other than the down pipes and hangar locations, you could probably make an exhaust from a Dodge or Chevy fit with little to no extra work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol Thats what i was thinking. Ive heard both ways but wasnt really sure. I looked under his truck and mine and they both look exactly the same minus the down pipe. Im gonna try it to see and if it works... ill let ya know on here so u know for future reference. Thanks for your input though i really appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts