Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a 95 f350 to build up for a driver/ toy. Every one I've found seems to be over the 200,000 mile mark so I'm thinking of buying one and doing a complete overhaul and. Have all my upgrades installed at the same time.

What I want out of this truck is about 450hp on the ground and to stay reliable and street friendly.

The truck will be a reg cab long bed with a 5 speed standard slight lift with 35's.

Any suggestion and what internals to use and who's aftermarkets to put on (turbo injectors hpop) would be helpful.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
You'll need a bigger HPOP(SRP1, T500, Adrenaline, 17*), stage 2's or hybrids, D66 or similar turbo, studs/springs, E-fuel, and some good tunes. That should put you at or over 450hp and you won't have to worry about the motor.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
You can do all that and not worry about the rebuild unless you have bad blow by, Hell I have almost 300k and zero blow by, truck runs excellent.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
All you NEED to make 450whp is intake, exhaust, stage II's, custom tunes, and a clutch. But I'd also recommend an IC setup, a T500 hpop, and perhaps e-fuel, although not necessarily on that one. You wont need a bigger turbo I dont think

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Some of that can be done cheaper tho. But nice list raul. Glad the prices are there, aren't you located in so cal?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
I agree, those pieces can be had for far cheaper. But you dont need all that stuff for only 450whp.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go 5 speed stick. Keep the good info coming!

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
You cant beat straight drive for towing, if thats what you will be namely doing. But driving in fields, mud, snow, and recovering people with a stick blows and I would recommend an auto for all that. But if you do a lot of long-haul, stick with straight drive.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I plan on doing minimal towing with this truck seeing as I still have my 6.4 for serious work this will be for play and cruising mostly. Plus if i buy stick the wife won't ask to drive it.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
haha thats awesome man :thumb:

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I agree, those pieces can be had for far cheaper. But you dont need all that stuff for only 450whp.
Correct you don't have to have it. But do you want a 450hp truck that is pushing the limits on everything to hit that, or do you want a truck that can comfortably make 450hp without breaking a sweat? He said he wants a reliable 450hp, then you need that stuff that to do it.

Now the real question is how much money are you wanting to spend? Cause for a couple thousand more(if that) you could be in 5-550hp territory. :evillol:

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Correct you don't have to have it. But do you want a 450hp truck that is pushing the limits on everything to hit that, or do you want a truck that can comfortably make 450hp without breaking a sweat? He said he wants a reliable 450hp, then you need that stuff that to do it.
Fair enough... Your right on that one.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
I'm still new to cali, I've been to riverside, san darnardino, san Diego, and Orange county, where are you in relation to Oceanside and the 5 or 15?
Riverslime, and san berna-ghetto you mean?

And ventura is way northwest above L.A. area.. lol
:) I prefer to stay in Norco(aka horsetown usa) then anywhere else in this crammed overcrowded place.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All I'm looking to do with this truck is drive play and maybe tow a little. Mostly just cruise on and off road. The 450 is just what I think a good number of about where I want to be. And you guys are right, I don't want to be at the limits of the trucks hardware either.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts