Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
stock downpipe is 3 inch.
barder turbo also sells a d66.
I know I'm asking if I can. Change to a 4in downpipe when I change turbos. That way I can lower my egt

·
Premium Member
18,029 Posts
Yes. You can change to a 4 inch dp even with the stock turbo. Just order a 4 inch exhaust with a dp and you'll have everything you'll need

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
Here is a New list of everything i have done to my truck

Finished:
Simple things (dome lights work now, Upper Center Console fixed, Clock Spring)
Crank Case Vent Mod
Air Filter Mod (made my own air filter pipe)
Hood Shocks
6.0 Transmission Cooler
Gauges (volt/EGT/trans temp/boost W/ Quad pod)(ill be changing out the volt with fuel pressure when I find one)
PHP Hydra Chip.

Things i have the parts for but have not done yet.
Valve Cover Gaskets
Glow Plugs

Things I plan on doing when i get a little more money
New Injectors (not sure what ones i want but thinking about the +50hp ones)
Hpop (advice on this would be great, Mine is an e99 stock looking for better direct bolt)
New turbo (I have the stock e99 looking for better direct bolt or a bolt kit)
New IDM (the Mod when i find a spare incase i screw mine up)

Any more Advice would be great, big thanks to everyone who has helped me so far, and giving me such great advice.

Anyone know if having 800 degree EGT is okay when driving down the highway at around 70-75

·
Premium Member
18,029 Posts
Yep egts are ok.

Don't buy injectors based on what hp they are rated for. That's ricer crap. I hate how people rate their injectors online on their websites by what hp they are. Buy according to what you're going to use the truck for. Call the injector companies you're looking at buying from. Full force diesel, PIS, or other, and tell them what your expectations are for the truck, they will set you straight

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Yep egts are ok.

Don't buy injectors based on what hp they are rated for. That's ricer crap. I hate how people rate their injectors online on their websites by what hp they are. Buy according to what you're going to use the truck for. Call the injector companies you're looking at buying from. Full force diesel, PIS, or other, and tell them what your expectations are for the truck, they will set you straight

I think that is the best advice I have gotten yet. And thank you for being honest. That's exactly what I will do because I want it for normal use. And mild towing (around 10000lbs max will be on the truck.

Reactions: HVAC SuperTech

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
That's exactly what I can set you up with Adam. FullForce is who I deal with.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks I will let you know when I'm ready.

My next question and I know it's sort of a stupid one. But where in the world is my intercooler and/or does my truck have one? It is am early 99 f350 super duty. I have tried to Google it and I have found a few for sale but I don't know where to look to even begin...

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
your air intake has a big pipe that goes to the turbo, from the turbo there is a big silver pipe that goes to the intercooler which is a big radiator at the front of the truck. then there is a big silver pipe that comes out of the intercooler to the intake. you can't miss it. e99 is intercooled, obs trucks aren't.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
your air intake has a big pipe that goes to the turbo, from the turbo there is a big silver pipe that goes to the intercooler which is a big radiator at the front of the truck. then there is a big silver pipe that comes out of the intercooler to the intake. you can't miss it. e99 is intercooled, obs trucks aren't.
Thank you very much... so the intercooler is huge on the truck almost the same size as my radiator. What's the gain to moving to an after market one?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
at what hp do i need to start worrying about headstuds, and replacing/bulletproofing my engine?

·
Registered
456 Posts
550 and up and 500 is playing with fire is what I've seen on all the forums

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Ohh okay I might be half that no worries thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
How hard would it be to rebuild my motor? And how expensive would it be? Anyone have any ideas? I have 600k on my truck now. There is no problems that I know of now but just in case

·
Premium Member
18,029 Posts
Have you ever built a motor before? If not, I'd say its gonna be pretty involved. You'll need torque wrenches, and specs, rings, bearings, maybe some machine work to heads, block, ect...I would say a line hone, also, you'll need to take the heads down and re do valve guides maybe. I'd say you're gonna have your hands full if you never done a rebuild at all.

If I were redoing a 600k mile motor, I'd do everything just to make sure I did it once and that's all

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
master rebuild kit is 1000-1500 bucks. plus lots of tools and machine work you cant do in your garage, unless you have the specialty tools.

it would be cheaper to buy a complete engine with lower miles honestly

61 - 80 of 88 Posts